Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Westlake "B" Worlds #4


Tuesday Night was the Westlake Crit Series Race #4. Team SBR only had 4 riders in the "B" Group with a few teammates going up to the "A's". Dave, Ian, Matt and myself rolled out to contend the 13 laps, 26 mile race.

Things started well with Matt rolling off the front in the first few laps to claim prime #1. The rest of the race comprised of a lot of work being done by a few riders in the group, especially by Matt and myself. Ian was riding strong in the front when he flatted late in the race. In the closing laps, I was watching a few riders and where they went, I went. Our initial finish was waved off and we had to do an extra lap. With the extra lap, some teams were able to move some riders up to help. Once again, I pegged the same three riders . Unfortunately, I got caught on the inside by a lead-out rider and had to slow up to get around. With that said, I was unable to make-up ground on the three riders I begged and finished 4th.

Great job by my teammates. We fell one placing short but won the one prime.

Time = 1:14:44
Miles = 28
Avg mph = 22.9

No comments: