Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday's almost done!

Since there was no cycling in the forecast today for me, let's talk about what my day focused on...life. Today was my girlfriend's daughter's First Communion. As it turned out, not too bad of a day. First off, I had to go to church with my two kids in tow. I don't attend church services regularly and was really wondering how my two kids were going to react. Well...as I walked into the church, the rafters didn't shake or shutter and I knew I was going to be safe. To my surprise my kids were actually well behaved and we survived the service portion of today. "Praying in church does work!"

Next came the Communion Party at the party room in my apartment building. There I got to meet a lot of people I've never met but heard a lot about or just their name in conversation. Since my girlfriend has an ex, I got to meet the other side as well and to my surprise, no issues. I actually got to meet the ex and will reserve the phrase "no comment" on that one. I do have some worth while comments but since today was about the First Communion, I'll reserve my comments for a later date.

So...as I type this and the day is winding down, I have a few thoughts to ponder for this week. First, I need to decide on a new wheelset. My original and current Shimano R550's are 1845g and need to be upgraded. I'm down to three different choices and just need to pull the trigger. Second thought to ponder is how I'm going to lose the extra 10 lbs I want to lose. The 10lbs, plus the new wheelset, will definitely make me faster. Any SBR teammates want to trade for a small skinsuit to give me motivation?

After my second post, I'm actually getting into this blogging thing. I'm trying to stay nice so far but looking forward to just saying what I want to in the future...

1 comment:

MattO said...

Still can't get over that small skinsuit can you?

P.S. take off the word verification on comments so every time I comment I don't have to type in the stupid letters, get them wrong, and have to do them like four more times. k thanks